Front-End Lead Developer
Location – London (Hybrid) – first 3 months on-site in West London, hybrid thereafter
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Front End Web Developer or Front-End Team Lead to join the team working within the Digital & Product Department.
Working on our well renowned, innovative, and award-winning website, bringing your enthusiasm and desire to grow, you will be using a variety of technologies to evolve the platform and provide real business benefit. You will both support and grow the existing technology stack and have the freedom to try new things.
With a dedication to constant improvement, the team prides itself on encouraging growth and personal development through mentoring, coaching, and training; and hard work is rewarded. As a Senior Developer, you will be encouraged both to continue to grow and learn yourself, while also mentoring and guiding the other developers on the team.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional developer, with an eye for detail and a good understanding of best practices, as well as experience in testing, visualization, design, and an ability to choose the best tool for the job. You will show good timekeeping, excellent collaborative skills, a desire to grow their skillsets, and have a proven history of delivering projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop new web products as prescribed by your line manager to a high standard
• Peer review code written by your colleagues
• Communicate with stakeholders and document requirements
• Work with and support other developers with a wide variety of experience
• Contribute to estimation of tasks, and ensure timely delivery of work you are asked to develop
• Collaboration in pair programming
• Contribute to team planning and architectural discussions
• Ensuring the needs of the department and the wider business are met
• Demonstrable web front end development with an expected experience of level 5 – 10 years
• Experience working with and ideally leading other developers
• Strong debugging skills
• Experience with CSS and SASS
• Experience with NextJS
• Continuous integration using Git/Gitlab
• API driven and template driven website development
• Test driven development
• Comfort with a Linux command line
• Experience with NodeJS and C#